When you register for the Bantry Bay Adventure Race 2020, you’re helping to support 3 great causes that support Irish communities throughout the year.
Bantry Inshore Rescue Association
Bantry Inshore Search and Rescue Association is a voluntary group set up to provide an emergency lifeboat service to the Bantry Bay community.
BISRA was formed in 1987, after the tragic drowning of two young people in the upper bay area. The local community set about establishing a rapid response unit to cover the area from Shot Head to White Horse Point.
West Cork Women Against Violence
The West Cork Women Against Violence Project offers free and confidential listening, information and support services for women experiencing domestic violence in West Cork. Its team offer:
A free and confidential listening, information and support service
• Continual support for women, whatever their choice
• Appointments by arrangement in the office or at a safe location (via phone where necessary during the pandemic)
• Drop-in service at offices in Bantry and Skibbereen
• Court accompaniment
• Appointment accompaniment (e.g. to appointments with An Garda Síochána)
• Transport in crisis
• Subsidised counselling
• An education, training and information programme for professionals, community groups and schools